Mittwoch, August 09, 2006

"The World has gone mad again" - War in the Middle East.

The World has gone mad again, not enough trouble in Afghanistan, in Iraque and elsewhere. For weeks now Israel has been attacking Lebanon to fight Hisbollah in self-defense, who continues to attack Israelian cities with missiles. Innocent people on both sides are suffering. And peace in the region seems to be out of sight for generations. People here in Germany - like me - are puzzled, shocked and confused about so much hate on both sides. Of course, we have a historic responsibility towards Israel, but I also think that war is never a solution. Everyday we hear on the news about attacks, killings and deaths of innocent people, especially children. And I have always asked myself, maybe a bit naive why people just can't live together and grant each other the right of life and existence.

I read in the German weekly "Die Zeit" (Nr. 31, July 27, 2006, 2) an article about how young people in Lebanon try to cope with this difficult situation by writing ahout the war in their weblogs. Here are some weblogs One is from Eve, a translator in Beirut, from Nadche , a franco-lebanese student, Zena, an artit from Beirut, or the weblog of a blogger named "ramzi". Check them out.

4 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Wohh exactly what I was searching for, regards for posting.

Anonym hat gesagt…

I want to voice my gratitude for your kindness supporting visitors who
have the need for help on the concern. Your personal commitment to getting the solution all through appeared to be extraordinarily good and have truly helped others
much like me to realize their goals. Your new warm and friendly tips and hints
can mean this much a person like me and even further to my office colleagues.
Regards; from everyone of us.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Asking questions are truly pleasant thing if you are not
understanding something completely, except this article offers good understanding yet.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hi to every body, it's my first pay a quick visit of this blog; this web site carries
amazing and truly good information for visitors.